Saturday, March 21, 2020

No Churches Open

There are now no Catholic Churches open near me. Nothing during the week and now nothing on Sunday. Mass is cancelled. Starting on one of my favorite weeks of the year, Laetare Sunday. I  will not be seeing Father wearing rose. The Churches are all locked. I was thinking about trying to call a priest and arrange to go to confession. It would be nice to go if we will be without Mass for however long this lasts.

For a while I have had bits from Beethoven's 9th symphony stuck in my head. So now I am listening to it on my computer.

My father showed me a nice little Lourdes Grotto outside of St. Pancras Church in Glendale. We sat there for a while, nearby there was a bird feeder. It was relaxing. They also had stations of the Cross set up outside the Church. I think I may be going there at times on my own to pray. It is too far from my house to walk, but I could take the bus. If I pray there for a while it would be worth the bus fare.

But now with no Churches I will have to pray my prayers in the basement, or perhaps I can walk to the park and kneel down and pray there. I am not afraid of dying of this disease. I just hope we do not run out of money. I hope all of my dear readers are okay. As this is a nationwide scare. And even international.

No comments:

Post a Comment