Sunday, November 3, 2019

St. Patrick's

Went to Saint Patrick's Cathedral for an organ concert before Mass. The Lovely Helena was performing with five other organ students. I am no expert but it was nice hearing her perform. Father seems to really like her. She does conferences and performances at the big Church in Long Island and other places and he always says when she is performing so that we can go. I like her too. She seems like a nice girl. But I don't know her very well because she does not usually come out with my group to eat after Mass. It is dangerous getting to know nice young girls because when one does, then one wants to marry them. It would be nice being married to a nice young girl. When I see single women at Mass I think often how nice it would be to marry a girl like her. But then one would want you to slave away to provide for her and your children, something that I am not in a condition to do.

She plays the electric piano and sings with her sister at Mass now. And this will presumably continue to happen for as long as she is in town going to school. I believe she will be going to school for this year and next, so we have two years of nice organ music and singing. She is a special girl, so I imagine as long as she is around we will continue to have Mass at our little mission and they won't close it for lack of people.

I saw some nice malachite one decade rosary key chains but I did not acquire one. I have a full rosary so I don't need a small one. I once had a malachite five decade rosary but it fell apart when I prayed with it. The stones crumbled and fell apart like old dry soap. I saw it as a sign that I was to be numbered among the damned because a rosary of one of the lambs would never break or crumble. Sometimes I have weird thoughts. I am not alone. I remember my blind friend Julian telling me when his crucifix broke that the reason it broke was because an older woman who I greatly admire whose name means "Heart Cross" was touching it. The reason her touching it caused it to break was because she believed Benedict was the Pope at the time before he resigned. Malachite.

No comments:

Post a Comment