Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Peninsula

Home from visiting my best friend Julian. We talked about Church things and prayed the St. Michael Chaplet. He is a sedevacantist and a Feeneyite if you know what those things are. When we talk he often remarks how he was threatened and thrown out of various Churches for his peculiar beliefs. He was thrown out of the Church whose Bishop was in the post last month. The Bishop yelled at him for not accepting the papacy of Pope John Paul II (even though the bishop does not in any meaningful way submit to him) and cast him into the exterior darkness. And he had problems at the little upper room where I go to Church and where I met him. You see, Julian is vocal about his rather extreme beliefs. I understand them, even though I do not agree with them.

He seems to be a pious soul, and is sorry for his sins. He said in his youth he became wicked after falling into the heavy metal scene. But now he is sorry. He was not nearly as wicked as I was in my youth. And now he is blind while I can see. It is comfortable talking to him knowing that he can not see me. I sat on his bed and he was in his wheel chair next to me. I prayed the Chaplet slowly and we had to end it before the last Our Father near the end because the nurse interrupted us.

It is good to visit the sick. I told him that if they let him out of the nursing home and he moves to his sisters' house six blocks from the house, I will take him to the diner which is two blocks from the apartment. He told me he can walk up stairs and walk with a walker. He goes to physical therapy. I can guide him. Perhaps we could meet for lunch at the diner once a week. One week, I will pay, the next week, he will pay. That is how we can be friends. I will give him back his two bags of religious books (not that he can read them).

There were a lot of sea gulls and common starlings on the way to the nursing home and back. Seagulls are more beautiful that common starlings I think. The way they fly through the air softly like a ship at sea in the steady waves.

I wonder if I will be able to get angry Tom to visit and meet us at the diner near our house. Perhaps he would like to talk to Julian. I gave him his phone number. He said he would like to call him.

So nothing of note, just to remember that I visited a friend today, really my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment