Friday, January 3, 2020

Abba Moses



Wouldn't it be nice to climb into a little hole and live there alone for the rest of one's life with no troubles from the world? I was looking for a story about one of the desert fathers. As a young man one of them (I thought it was Abba Moses but I could not find it in my lovely little book) was a criminal and he saw a pregnant woman and with a knife cut the baby out of her womb, killing the mother and the baby. And he repented and ran into the desert for many years. A while later he went to his brother hermit and he told him that after all this time God has forgiven him for killing the woman, but he has not yet done enough penance for the child. And a while later he went back to his brother and he told him, now you have been forgiven for killing the child, be at peace. And in another story one of his brother hermits saw Moses after his death in heaven eating honey cakes with the angels and the saints. Moses was a dark skinned black man and some did not trust him because of his appearance, and others did not trust him because of his violent past. But he became a priest and a great father or so they say.

I found out that on Thursdays for now they will have Eucharistic adoration at St. Benny's from the end of the 9:00 Mass until Benediction at 12:00. I went there yesterday for about an hour. It is in the big Church. The man at the office said that they may have it until later in the day but for now the new pastors do not. They do not have enough people to have someone with Jesus at all times and not be left alone. They used to have Jesus in a little room, barely larger than a closet, with a cube-shaped tabernacle. And when there were people there He would be exposed and when people left they would put Him away. Now they have no priest living there. The Church was taken over by my own home Church which has a bishop and a few priests. I liked praying in the little closet. I could visit a few times during the day. Now I can only go one time. Today they have Jesus in the little Chapel at Holy Child right by my house. I like to go throughout the day a few times and at night for the benediction. I would that I could go every day.

I have free time because I am disabled. I am broken. But I feel at peace. I have never done anything great. I am a little person. I don't want to be a big person. A great man.


No comments:

Post a Comment