Friday, August 16, 2019

Line Sea-Eater

I went to the bird store and they had a new kind of bird for sale. The owner was Chinese and he told me the name of the bird. He said it was a "line sea-eater". In English, "line", not "lion". So it is confusing. I am glad he explained the name to me. I do not know the meaning, but that is what he called it. It was a beautiful bird. I did not get a good look at it in its cage because it was high on the wall above the line of my eyes so I could barely see her. She had a white breast and dark feathers above the breast and a dark head. She was beautiful. I hope next time I go to the bird store they have more of them and they are at eye level so I can get a good look at her and hear her song.

There were so many birds, but I was focused on the new one, the "line sea-eater". To eat the sea? What poetry. As Saint Augustine said that eternity was like trying to empty the sea and put it into a hole in the sand, which would be impossible for a man, yet it is easy for the good God. And here we have a line that eats the sea? The blue horizon? The circumference of the circle around the eyes of the sailor perched in the crow's nest. I hope to learn more about the new bird at our bird store. It is next to the auto shop that my father used to go to called "Chris and Charlie's" on Atlantic Avenue.

Go to your local pet store and listen to the birds sing. Werner Herzog was wrong In "Burden of Dreams" [which should properly be called "Burden of Nightmares"]. They do not screech in pain, they cry out with Joy to the good God as Saint Francis spoke of. It is only that the wicked do not understand the language of the animals as Adam did, and as the Holy Ghost does. I do not understand the language but I do understand that all the creatures praise the Lord with everything they do, even if they are not eternal like mankind and the angels are.

Actually it is not as poetic, it is called the "line seed-eater", it is just that Chinese sounds like gibberish to English people:



No comments:

Post a Comment