Sunday, August 4, 2019

Cecilia

Today after Mass i was waiting on the corner holding on to a pole and I looked to the left and saw the beautiful Cecilia. She is the girl who Tom says I should go after. I did not see her during Mass. But I saw her and she smiled at me and I smiled at her and she said, "Have a good week". And I felt lighthearted and full of Joy. Maybe we should get married. Tom did say I should go after her and Tom knows everything. Her name is Cecilia. She could teach me how to play the guitar. Acoustic. Sunburst finish, solid top, Vantage. A good Japanese guitar. For what it's worth.

While I was at Mass (and I had a wonderful Holy Communion) my father went to the Pierpont Morgan Museum and went to an exhibit about Walt Whitman (and also one about Where the Wild Things Are [Emperor Maximilian]) He saw a copy of the original Leaves of Grass and some of Whitman's own manuscripts. He took pictures of the manuscript of "O Captain, My Captain", but he did not take me pictures of "When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloom'd" which was also in the exhibit and which I prefer as a poem. Does my father want me to be a king and not a mourner?


The original Leaves of Grass by the greatest American poet, "The Bard of Democracy." Of course the 1855 version does not have Lilacs, so my favorite poem in the original is the one which would later be titled "The Sleepers". "Stepping and stopping". "Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping? / Brother John? Brother John?"

Before Mass we stopped at Holy Innocents and I lit a candle in front of the statue of St. Lucy and prayed for a bit. I took a picture. For Julian so he may see again.


Holy Innocents is a good Church. They had signs promoting modesty. Father Miara is a good priest. He has no strikes against him. God Bless him. After Mass we went to St. Agnes near Grand Central Station and I lit a candle in front of the statue of "The Little Flower." Everyone loves her, the greatest saint of modern times, though in my jealousy I prefer my favorite special saint, the Holy Gemma Galgani.

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment