Tuesday, August 27, 2019

The Wrong Side of the Tracks

My afternoon walk is typically on the wrong side of the tracks. The tracks being the El on Jamaica Avenue. I took photos this time. The first picture is of a flower bed. My neighbor is growing the same kinds of wildflowers that I am growing. But he is tending them and weeding them and my mother does not allow me to do those things, I don't know why. So my garden is surviving on prayer and water alone, with no gardening.


I saw something interesting. Ice cream cones on the sidewalk with crackers. It was near a truck for Wise snacks on the street. I thought it was so interesting I took a picture. I guess it is for the birds.


There are two auto repair shops on Liberty Avenue. My Father used to take the car to Chris and Charlie but now he takes it to Dorgler. If you look you can see they both have the same sign with a picture of a bear.



A fuchsia flower growing on the wrong side of the tracks, in front of the house, near the road, next to a tree.


Near the end of the walk, I saw a diorama outside. There were little buildings. I took a picture. There was a drunken gnome and an angel. The man outside said his sister ruined it and I told him it was beautiful and thanked him for letting me look at it and he said sure. He was happy that I was looking at his artwork.


And the last picture is the worst. The flies like these flowers. I don't like flies. But I see them everywhere. The other day there was a fly in my room on a napkin and he was so tired that he could not move and I caught him with the napkin, brought him downstairs and threw him in the garbage and threw him away. It was only one, not seven. But I don't like flies in the house, nor moths, nor water bugs.


My dad is kind enough to let me take pictures with his camera. I hope you enjoy this photo essay about the wrong side of tracks, the part of Richmond Hill South of Jamaica Avenue and the J train.

No comments:

Post a Comment