Thursday, August 29, 2019

Wishing You (Frère Jacques)

Blessings on this day
Of your wedding,
When two become one
As partners
For a silent moment
(In this world of sorrow)
Under the sun.

Go West, but look East,
For the sun is rising.
The world is turning
Faster . . . faster . . . faster . . .
Relax and feel the breeze.

Forget the piper's piping
And hear the song of
The morning birds calling.
The sparrows are chattering.
Ring the Matins, Brother John.

We are waiting.

A Wedding Poem by Julian Moore

My Father told me to write a card for my cousin's wedding which is this Saturday, August 31st. So I wrote this poem to put on the card. It just came out as thoughts like sweat from your pores when you run too fast in the summer sun. My father did not like the word "sorrow" in the poem. He said it was a good poem except for that one word. But I am of sorrow. I couldn't find a word to replace "sorrow" so I changed the line to "For a silent moment" but I included (In this world of sorrow). It is either / or; both lines are not meant to be read together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment